Thumb_logo_white Discover Create Go Pro
Log In / Sign Up
Tape 007 (WARMTH) Mixed By OFUREN
July 21, 2014 01:00 AM PDT
itunes pic

 
Tape 006 Mixed By Luthando
June 05, 2014 12:00 AM PDT
itunes pic

For the 6th Tape we got the young sound engineering student - Luthando. Blessing us with a taste of his music collection, full of all things deep & dubby. Enjoy

Tape 005 (Harmful Fumes) Mixed By Makhen
May 05, 2014 01:00 AM PDT
itunes pic

Kenneth Sibanyoni, aka Makhen from the deep duo Makhen Gigga, gives us our first full on dub Techno mix. Filled with slow smoky rhythms that reaffirm our love for deep music. Enjoy.

Tape 004 Mixed By MARCELO TAVARES
April 08, 2014 10:55 PM PDT
itunes pic

For the fourth tape, we have Marcelo Tavares from Brazil. The curator of the Deep Space Podcast lends us his particular cosmic taste in this 1hour mix. He was gracious enough to include a playlist. Enjoy.

01. Lavoura - Iperoig -- [EBS Diggin]
02. Coyote - Passing Memories (Mark E Remix) -- [Rothmans]
03. Lazzich - July -- [Eletronica]
04. Color TV - GM
05. Hamza - Sky Song -- [Wind Horse Records]
06. Cold Form - Self Deception -- [SoundDesigeners Records]
07. Myles Serge - A Moment In Time -- [Saure Music Group]
08. Sir JordyBeat Phreak & Virus Notic - Light My Candle (Orgiinal Instrumental Mix)
09. Weedy of 40 Winks - Warmulis -- [Project Mooncircle]
10. Magic Mountain High - Untitled -- [Workshop]
11. Ibex - Mystery Babylon -- [Yore Records]
12. Mozik - Web's Samba

Also check out Marcelo's stellar remix of Fred Buddah's Underwater Train on the latest Roots Go Deep release.

Tape 003 (RAW EXCLUSIVEs) Mixed By OFUREN
March 22, 2014 01:48 AM PDT
itunes pic

Unfortunately Tebatso couldnt deliver the mix for our 3rd tape because of "technical Difficulties", so i decided to do an impromptu mix for the last week of March, also decided to make it a very special mix by only featuring exclusive UNRELEASED material from Tebatso, Thando, Sifiso, Fred & Me (90% of the tunes will be coming out on Roots Go Deep and the other 10% on a special project that i cant name as of yet) - this mix is rough and the tracks are a RAW (Meaning they are unprocessed, unrefined & untouched by any mastering or audio enhancing thing-a-majicks) dont fret though as all these tunes will be coming at you soon, I will say no more. enjoy the mix and take a 50 minute long peak at what the future holds for Roots Go Deep & African Deep House as a whole.

The roots go deeper....

--Ofuren

Tape 001 (DARK SPACES) Mixed By OFUREN
January 06, 2014 12:00 AM PST
itunes pic

Compiled & mixed by Ofuren. This tape is entitled "Dark Spaces". Enjoy.

Tape 002 Mixed by NQALASTYLE
February 04, 2014 02:00 PM PST
itunes pic

The 2nd tape is put together by one of the finest deep house connoisseurs in South Africa. showing off his signature down-tempo style.

enjoy.